USNR ALUNNI

Updates on Jim's deployment status. We hope you will share your thoughts and comments.

Friday, April 15, 2005

me again

Well, supposedly some guys are getting in trouble, giving out too much infor on or business here, so I'll try to dance around that. I'm in Guam soaking up the sun with my platoon, we are planning for our next mission, to assasinate Robert Goulet....wait, he might actually be dead.

Obviously kidding. I have moved though, to much nicer conditions, at least as nice as they can be in Iraq. Our whole platoon is back together, it's great, it's all the brothers I've missed. So we're working on our living space between missions, building my kitchen so I can pull a Goodfellas and cook for thirty guys. We've grown a little, I'm not the only one that got injured. But the knee is better, I've been running on it, just getting used to the heat that seems to be coming really fast. Got lots of packages, most from mom, but lot's of little stuff from random people, including Barrett Christy, shes a professional snowboarder who's sending me swag, it's pretty cool. This deployment thing has it's subtle advantages. Word to those who may read, don't ever, EVER send those stupid orange crackers with peanut butter, who the hell decided we love those, they are everywhere!! Job number one upon returning to the US, go to the cracker factory and fire bomb it, at night of course. Okay, that's all for now, it's 0639 and I've been up all night, time to sleep the day away.

1 Comments:

At Saturday, April 16, 2005 9:29:00 PM, Blogger TODD DIETZEL said...

Jimmy, Jimmy , Jimmy what can I say. Amy and I will have to send over some Cavatelli and dried sausage for you and the guys. Nice to hear from you the other day, when I answered the phone it was like I went back in time. I knew who it was and my first reaction was to ask where you were, and of course in your ever so sarcastic way you say,,,,,,,Uh Iraq dude. Well anyways counting down the days until you get home.....Thanks for the gift we love it. I'am setting it up right away I got permission from the boss.

Todd

 

Post a Comment

<< Home