USNR ALUNNI

Updates on Jim's deployment status. We hope you will share your thoughts and comments.

Friday, May 20, 2005

Forever grateful

As you can see from Jim's posting, he is back safe and sound. With everything that transpired last week and with the loss of so many from the Lima company, we are truly relieved he's back at base. I had the chance to speak with Jim today for quite a long time. He was due to head out for another 48 hours but it got postponed until tomorrow.

Last week I lost my cousin in a car accident on Mother's Day. It reminds you of how fragile life is and how devestating a loss can be. I thought about the men and women whom have chosen to put their own life's at stake in the name of The United States of America. Sometimes the commitment they've made seems beyond comprehension . . . then I remember the days of September 11th. It was the unexpected loss of the thousands in the World Trade Towers and the nations grief that motivated many of our guys to join the military in support of this country. A way to grieve and recognize that unbelievable day. In return for their sacrifices, I can only offer my continued love and support for the guys . . . just as with my own family during this time of loss.

I hope you are all well and thank you for your comments, e-mails and continued support for Jim.

Please be sure to read Jim's posting below.

Cynthia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home